Monday, February 7, 2011

Old Sweaters and New Nieces

I just found this amazing blog written by a talented lady who makes stuffed animals and dolls out of old sweaters. I was enthusiastic, but wasn't captivated until I saw this page. Forest girl dolls. They are like gypsies. Oh God. I must have one. I must MAKE one. Luckily, she has a pattern and instructions here.
I don't just want one for myself, though. I have two very little nieces, Ellen and Freya, who are rapidly approaching doll-playing age. I generally don't approve of 99% of the dolls on the market, but these lovely ones are wonderful. I feel a deep, almost urgent need to go to the Goodwill and look for some sweaters now.

In other news, I got a pile of roving from a friend in Ceramics and am impatiently awaiting my spindle from Knitpicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment