Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's Snowing. Again.

I love watching our cats react to the snow. None of them are allowed outside, so they sit in the window and stare at falling snowflakes. Every once and awhile, a particularly large one falls and they freak out and hide under the couch.
My knitting projects have been slowly accumulating, but I am working through them at a reasonable pace. Right now, I am working up a pair of socks for Little Bunny in a variegated wool/silk blend, with striped soles and a 1 to 4 rib cuff. I am pin-striping the soles with orange for added strength and plushness, and 1 to 4 rib just means I purl four and knit one. The yarn is a rich, dark orange-yellow-green-blue-magenta. I have another skein of the same colors in a much lighter shade, and am thinking about using it for another pair of socks using a yellow for the stripes.
Projects on my list:
Socks for Bean-Bean
Gloves for my Dad
Leg warmers for my little sis
Hat for my littlest sis
Socks for Little Kitten
Sweater and scarf for my mom
Finish my Nausicaa sweater.
Finish Little Hawk's afghan

No comments:

Post a Comment