Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pottery, Perfect Sunshine, and Personal Issues

I have been putting up a little more pottery on Etsy this week, after spending a little bit of my spending money on pretty blue dyed merino roving. It was dirt cheap, though...and I can't get a deep blue with my own dyes.



A small sample of the stuff I have up now. 

The money I make in my Etsy store is all I can spend on myself. Our budget is so tight that I can't even take the twenty out of every paycheck for "me" money, but since my Etsy money goes into a special PayPal account, we can't really use it for grocery shopping or paying hospital bills. That's the money I use to keep my sanity at least marginally intact, buying aromatherapy candles, audiobooks to knit to, wool and ect online. Just knowing I have my own little money stash helps so much. 

I'm supposed to be saving up for a spinning wheel, and I am. In fact, to encourage people, I am having a Spring Special. If you spend more than $30 in my Etsy store, (link is on my sidebar) I will knit you a free kerchief from my hand-dyed yarn. Here's one I made from my own handspun.  


If you have time, please take a look at the shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment