Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cardigan Crazy

I never used to like cardigans. I didn't like how they were short-waisted so that every time I bent over my lower back got cold. I didn't like how they emphasized my flat chest and were never quite the right color or texture.
Now that I'm a hard core knitter, I LOVE cardigans. I love how even the simplest pattern can be made crazy with a random color change and a few rows of garter stitch. I love finding masses of weird and unique buttons to make the fronts fun. And, of course, I love that I can choose exactly what yarn I want and can buy an extra skein to make them extra long to avoid Cold Butt Syndrome.*
I am in the middle of negotiating FIVE skeins of hand-dyed purple and maroon Peruvian Wool that is destined to become a cardigan for myself. YAAAY!





*Cold Butt Syndrome is what happens when the regrettable course of fashion makes it almost impossible to find  waist high jeans in a low-riding world.

No comments:

Post a Comment